Sunday, November 21, 2010
Ethopia Update
Ishi! Ethiopia's amazing! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to travel further in East Africa. I've safely arrived back in Nairobi and will post pictures soon but I wanted to give you a brief update and thank you for your prayers. My favorite parts of the trip:
1) Meeting the Ethiopian people, especially the children, and experiencing their beautiful smiles.
2) Remembering joy in my work as I interacted with patients directly (with a translator), heard their stories, and sought to encourage them.
3) Visiting patients in their homes and seeing how their lives have been changed by the gospel and by the project
4) Sharing perspectives on cross cultural life and ministry with the Treadwells, my friends from Birmingham who are missionaries in Addis with the AIDS project
5) Reconnecting with Red Mountain Church
6) Experiencing a new place in the world with a unique language, culture, scenery, and people
Now I'm off to climb Mt Kenya with my friend Sarah. I'll post pictures after I descend from 17,000 feet!
Selam hunu! (Amharic for "Goodbye in peace")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad your trip was wonderful. I'm sure you were a blessing, too.
ReplyDeleteWe're excited to hear about your big Mt. Kenya climb ... And to see pics. You certainly have always been a "carpe diem kid". Love ya