So, we have to be a bit more creative with weekend activities here as we live quite far from any restaurants, movie theaters, etc. - but sometimes I think that's more fun, anyways! We do watch movies together regularly and play games, too. And even when there's not much going on, I love to read and have enjoyed reading lots of good books here and then sharing them with friends. Here's some pictures of some recent weekend activities:

The Cropseys planned a murder mystery dinner complete with characters and plot. We had to get a bit creative with costumes (the fringe on my dress is crepe paper). I may or may not have been the murderer. :) We had a great time and discovered some hidden acting talents among our friends, too.

The missionary kids performed at the Fine Arts Festival last week - a great opportunity for them to participate in a school program and display their artwork from the year and fun for us to cheer them on. It's been a long time since I attended a piano recital or middle school band program - probably since back when it was me participating! I much prefer being a proud "aunt" than a performer!


Birthdays are always fun occasions for celebrating. Eric and Heather share the same birthday.

Maggie loved her Veggie Tales cakes!

We enjoyed the second Tenwek Coffeehouse not too long ago. Interns, residents, and consultants all performed and everyone enjoyed chai and cookies.

The audience participated in the singing and dancing.

And one of my favorite weekend activities - Ultimate Frisbee! We actually played twice this weekend - so much fun!
MURDERER!
ReplyDelete