
Faithful blog readers may remember that I spoke at a conference for medical students involved in the Christian Medical Ministry of Alabama back in January. It wasn't great timing as I was in the midst of working night shifts and preparing for my 2 month tropical medicine course in Peru, but, as is often the case, God provides opportunities that aren't necessarily comfortable or convenient but that bring tremendous blessings. In sharing my story, I was so encouraged by the students' enthusiasm for missions and for serving God through medicine. These students are now faithful prayer warriors for me and a couple of them are even supporting me financially. One unique blessing that came out of this was a connection with the Global Health Interest Group at the University of Alabama at Birmingham's medical school. This group is not religiously affiliated, but they share a heart for serving the underserved around the world through medicine. And they were especially interested in how they could help disadvantaged medical students in Africa. So they begun a fundraiser to buy stethoscopes for Burundian medical students. Students gave generously and thus I'm adding these new stethoscopes to our container to bring to the Burundian Hope Africa University students. I'm so encouraged by others sharing my vision and partnering with me generously in such creative ways!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.