At the end of this non-stop year of preparation, I greatly appreciated the gift of vacation last week with friends in Maine. I first met Heidi & Shannon freshman year at Wheaton College and, despite very divergent journeys since college, they have remained some of my closest friends. It's a gift of grace that they have seen me at my worst through the years (especially at the end of adolescence in college) and yet have continued to affirm our friendship no matter the distance.
Cheaper by the (almost) dozen. We've added a few people to our adventures in the last decade - now we are 11!
Wow! Maine is gorgeous! Loved climbing the rocks at Acadia National Park at sunset.
Canoeing and kayaking were peaceful activities of the week. I even saw a porpoise while kayaking!
Shannon, Heidi, & I with the four oldest kids - I enjoyed getting to know the kids more through the week as I've missed seeing them through my two years in Kenya. I love their unique personalities!
Vacation is never complete without ice cream!
Loved this house on the rock where we stayed in Friendship, Maine
Owl's Head lighthouse - definitely needed the foghorn that day
What a beautiful and refreshing time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.